Factory Price 95% Propylene glycol CAS No. 57-55-6
|CAS No. :||57-55-6|
|Grade||Food Grade, Industrial Grade, Medicine Grade|
|Packaging||200kgs/drum, 80 drums/20GP|
16ton/20 FCL, 20mt/ISO tank
|Loading Port||Qingdao, Shanghai.China|
Propylene glycol is an organic compound. The chemical formula is C3H8O2. Miscible with water, ethanol and a variety of organic solvents. Under normal conditions, it is a colorless viscous liquid, almost tasteless, and slightly sweet. Propylene glycol can be used as a raw material for unsaturated polyester resins. In cosmetics, toothpaste and soap, it can be used as a wetting agent in combination with glycerin or sorbitol. Used as a moisture-conditioning and hair-leveling agent in hair dyes. Also used as an antifreeze. It is also used in cellophane, plasticizer and pharmaceutical industries.
|Synonyms:||REAGENT (ACS)PROPYLENEGLYCOL, REAGENT (ACS)PROPYLENEGLYCOL|
|CAS No. :||57-55-6|
|Linear Formula :||C3H8O2|
|Catagory||Flammable liquid , Low toxicity|
|Purity||Anhydrous,≥99%. 99.5% 99.9%|
Colorless viscous liquid
- Propylene glycol is an organic compound that is miscible with water, ethanol and a variety of organic solvents. Under normal conditions, it is a colorless viscous liquid, almost tasteless, slightly sweet.
|Melting point||-60 °C (lit.)|
|Boiling point||187 °C (lit.)|
|density||1.036 g/mL at 25 °C (lit.)|
|vapor density||2.62 (vs air)|
|vapor pressure||0.08 mm Hg ( 20 °C)|
|refractive index||n20/D 1.432(lit.)|
|storage temp.||Store at +5°C to +30°C.|
|Stability:||Very stable at room temperature, but it is oxidized when left open at high temperature (above 280℃); it is chemically stable when mixed with 95% ethanol or water; propylene glycol is hygroscopic|
|Index||Spuer grade||Top grade||First grade||Second grade|
|Acidity or Alkalinity||≤0.064mmol/100g||≤0.064mmol/100g||≤0.1mmol/100g||≤0.3mmol/100g|
1. Propylene glycol is an important raw material for unsaturated polyesters, epoxy resins, polyurethane resins, plasticizers, and surfactants. This unsaturated polyester is widely used in surface coatings and reinforced plastics.
2. In the food industry, propylene glycol reacts with fatty acids to form propylene glycol fatty acid esters. It is mainly used as a food emulsifier. Propylene glycol is an excellent solvent for seasonings and pigments. Because of its low toxicity, it is used as a solvent for spices and food coloring in the food industry.
3. Propylene glycol is used as a solvent, softener and excipient in the manufacture of various ointments and ointments in the pharmaceutical industry.
4. Used as a solvent and softener for cosmetics.
5. An aqueous solution of propylene glycol is an effective antifreeze. It is also used as a tobacco wetting agent, antifungal agent, fruit ripening preservative, antifreeze, and heat carrier.
Packing and Loading
Packaging: 200kgs/drum, 80 drums/20’GP，16ton/20’FCL，20mt/ISO tank
- Hazard Class ：
- Hazard Codes :
- Wash thoroughly with water after handling or use.
- Storage and transportation containers should be made of galvanized iron drums, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Avoid contact with water and humid environment. The storage tank must be kept clean, dry, rust-free, and free from the sun, open flames and other heat sources.
- Nitrogen sealing is recommended for large storage tanks (with a capacity of 100 m3 or more). Keep container tightly closed. Keep it dry.